My health is a minefield. Sure, there should be mines of the Claymore variety put around Sam McBride, Jeremy McMinn and Wellington Addiction Services buildings just before they are due to arrive / leave on a regular basis. But this field of explosive and potentially damaging situations is mine.
Welcome to NZFiends MineField.
Mind your step.
Slippery when wet.
Watch the gap.
- Feeling tired during the day, particularly after meals (fatigue)
Always thought this was standard with HepC and drug use….
- Often feeling hungry, particularly if you feel hungry shortly after eating (polyphagia)
I am a skinny white man with high metabolism… Go figure.
- Urinating more often than normal, particular needing to do so during the night (polyuria)
Uhm, yes. Thought I had peeing issues due to my spine issues (common with the sort of things wrong with my spine…)
- Feeling abnormally thirsty (polydipsia)
Could have been using Ritalin. And always sipping water bottles etc. Thought this was healthy!
- Blurred vision
Constantly a little blurry. But not as bad as when injecting 1000mg of codeine a day. GHahahahahahahah
- Itching of the skin, particularly itchiness around the genitals (genital itchiness)
YES no further explanation
- Slow healing of cuts or wounds
Again, I am an ageing white man with thin skin. That is normal.
- Having regular yeast infections (thrush)
Not sure on this one. How do you know if you have thrush if you’re a male?
DON’T KNOW does fungal infections count? YES then.
- Having a skin disorder such as psoriasis or acanthosis nigricans
CRAP. Have had psoriasis for years. The Wellington Police keep pulling me over for not wearing a helmet on my bike, which I explain is due to having psoriasis on my scalp. They give my tickets anyway. Shit heads. Worse than Sam McBride.
Also thought that psoriasis would get better with immune system improvements after getting rid of Hep C.
YES YES YES (but not acanthosis nigricans thank fuck)
- Sudden weight loss or loss of muscle mass
.Holy crap. Has anyone been reading this blog? Has anyone thought dropping from 90kg to 75kg in six weeks was somewhat unusual? I am not being made happy here… This is getting to me.
YES YES YES
you have won your very own, brand new,
BUT I SHOULD NOT EVEN BE TESTED FOR IT. LOOK AT WHO SHOULD BE TESTED….
WEB MD SAYS…
You should be tested for prediabetes if:
- You’re 45 years of age or older.
- You’re overweight with a BMI (body mass index) of 25 or over and have any of the following risk factors for diabetes:
- You are physically inactive.
- You have a first degree relative with diabetes.
- You belong to a high risk ethnic group.
- You have a history of gestational diabetes or delivering a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds.
- You have polycystic ovary syndrome.
- You have high triglycerides or low HDL (good) cholesterol.
- You have had abnormal blood sugar tests in the past.
- You have a history of heart disease.
- You have any signs of a condition called insulin resistance (such as severe obesity or a skin condition called acanthosis nigricans).
But, there you have it.
- I am 40.
- My BMI is 23.55 – 182cm and 78kg (classified as healthy weight – obesity related diseases is normal)
- Am active enough, considering back injuries, etc etc
AM NOT LAZY!
- Am not in high risk ethnic group
- Not sure about heart disease, it works good enough..,
But, there you have it.
I am already on a low-carb diet. I already have to work on excessive exercising. I already try to control sugar intakes.
Maybe I will go get another tattoo done. That will fix it.