The Nine Insights
by James Redfield
Summary by Alan Atkisson (Aug/94)
- Feeling restless? You’re not alone: Everybody’s starting to look for more meaning in life. Start paying closer attention to those seemingly “Chance Coincidences” – strange occurrences that feel like they were meant to happen. They are actually synchronistic events, and following them will start you on your path to spiritual truth.
Mate, I am restless coz I am currently withdrawing off bloody methadone. I know I am not alone. Everyone hates the ‘drone.I stopped believing in co-incidence when a seven year old. Everything since then has me agreeing with you, in all but one thing. Co-Incidence in itself means Co (more than one – company for instance) and incidence. So, TWO INCIDENCE? I think the real meaning of the word has been screwed with over time.
- Observe our culture within its proper historical context. The first half of the past millennium was spent under the thumb of the church; in the second half we became preoccupied with material comfort. Now, at the end of the twentieth century, we’ve exhausted that preoccupation. We’re ready to discover life’s ultimate purpose.
Isn’t the meaning of life drugs, guns, sex and money? Fuck….
- Start to get acquainted with the subtle energy that infuses all things. With practice, you can learn to see the aura around any living being and to project your own energy around it to give it strength.
Yeah, mushrooms and LSD allowed me to see the individual personalities of tree’s and got me feeling empathy towards gravel on a road being run over by joggers feet. Not sure I want to go there. I have enough hard times finding drugs, sex and money.
- An unconscious competition for energy underlies all conflicts. By dominating or manipulating others, we get the extra energy we think we need. Sure, it feels good – but both parties are damaged in the conflict.
No shit. It’s war mate. TEN OUT OF F’ING TEN BRO.
- The key to overcoming conflict in the world is the mystical experience, which is available to everyone. To nurture the mystical and build your energy, allow yourself to be filled with a sense of love.
Peace, love and G.E free mungbeans baby. But seriously, is love the same as Serenity? I am all for Serenity. Love can go take a running jump. Serenity I can do selfishly. And doggy style.
- Childhood traumas block our ability to fully experience the mystical. All humans, because of their upbringing, tend toward one of four control dramas:
- Intimidators steal energy from others by threat.
- Interrogators steal it by judging and questioning.
- Aloof people attract attention (and energy) to themselves by playing coy.
- Poor me’s make us feel guilty and responsible for them.
Become aware of the family dynamics that created your control drama and you can focus on your essential question, which is how to make of your life a higher- level synthesis of your parents’ lives.
Okay, I am adopted. Becoming a synthesis of the unkown is complicated. However, I am a lot better than my Mum and Dad (in my humble opinion). I am still a fucken class A asshole mind you. Sorry about that.
A quick note about your list of four character types. I chop and change between all four depending. It’s like paper, scissors, rock with an extra thrown in. You know how much I liked Joy Division when a kid – please try this version of paper scissors rock about relationships. I am amazed at the co-incidence that I write this, and find this game at the same time. Totally out of this world dude…. will love tear us apart
- Once cleared of traumas, you can build energy through contemplation and meditation, focus on you basic life question, and start riding a steady stream of intuitions, dreams, and synchronistic coincidences, all guiding you in the direction of your own evolution and transformation.
I ain’t ever going to be cleared of trauma. I can, at best, understand it, own it and move forward with it. We are constantly evolving and transforming. Why, just the other day I realised ethnic cleansing the germs was leaving a superior aryan race of bug behind. The end of the world is November 2014 anyway. I give up, what is my life question again?
- That evolution can’t be done alone, so begin to practice the new “Interpersonal Ethic” by uplifting those who cross your path. Talk to people who make spontaneous eye contact with you. Avoid co-dependent relationships. Be there for people. Call attention to other people’s control dramas. In groups, speak when the spirit (instead of the ego) moves you.
You have been going to N.A for too long. This is sponsor speak. God help me.
- Our purpose here is to evolve beyond this plane. Fewer people (a result of reproductive abstinence) and more old-growth forests will help us to sustain our energy and accelerate our evolution. Technology will do most of our work for us. As we begin to value spiritual insight more and more, we will pay those who bring it to us, and this will eventually replace the market economy and our need for paid employment. We can connect to God’s energy in such a way that we will eventually become beings of light, and walk straight into heaven.
My purpose isn’t to evolve beyond this plane. My purpose is to allow my child to make up her own mind. Why is God invoked all of a sudden? You have pissed off every god fearing religion on the planet and then go and throw GOD at us? Stick to “global conscious energy” (GCE), or my personal favourite – “people on same wavelength” (POSA – just because POSW sounds shite, I used Finnish for “wavelength” = “aallonpituus”. Just like Albert Hoffman LSD (Lysergic Acid Diethylamide – Acid in German is “sauer” and LSD sounds much better than LAD don’t you think?)I had these “insights” as a teenager. Imagine if I hadn’t just gone and stuck drugs into myself convincingly for twenty five years. I could have written a book. I still can’t see aura’s though. Not without LSD anyway.
Alan Atkisson, New Age Journal, August, 1994 http://deoxy.org/9insight.htm
The reason, I believe, I don’t get bad ass migraines anymore… Consuming good old LSD-25.
Also may have contributed to lack of epileptic seizures –
My real sister died from epileptic fit whilst in bath – drowned, age 13.